Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Word On Writing

A short article I wrote on writing has been posted today by The Young Ladies Christian Fellowship. If you get a chance, check it out. I’d really appreciate it if you would also leave a comment on their site.

http://ylcf.org/2009/10/start/

And when I say short article, I mean short. I had to stay within a 400 word limit. Trust me, that was hard! In person I am not the most talkative individual in the room, but when it comes to writing it is hard for me to shut up. ;)

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Great job! I still can't get over the 400 word limit... That's insane! How do they expect anyone to say something significant in only 400 words?! Course, you somehow managed it! ;-) I have enough trouble with 1,000 word limits, let alone only 400! :-O (I'm definately one of those hard-to-shut-up-writers. LOL!)

Diane said...

Thank goodnesss for the word count button.... I am always amazed at how quick it can add up. :O)

Elisabeth said...

Hello! I've never commented before, but read YLCF and followed a link from their site to your site and another link from your site to your blog. I really enjoyed your article on YLCF, because I'm also a writer ... a writer, at the moment, in search of a publisher! :) I'm always encouraged when I hear (or read!) of other young Christian writers! (For example Rachel at www.rachelstarrthomson.com.) Anyway ...

I had to laugh out loud when I saw the little comment at the end of this post:

"In person I am not the most talkative individual in the room, but when it comes to writing it is hard for me to shut up. ;)"

Snap! I'm just like that, too! :) Thank you for sharing!

Bernadine said...

I saw your article at YLCF and followed the link. Love the article. Your book sounds like a page turner. I'll be on the lookout for it at my local bookstore.