Monday, March 2, 2009

In The Fire

Okay, this struck me as neat, so I thought I’d put it up here. I’ve heard the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego approximately a hundred times now. ;) And I’ve heard it from lots of different angles as well. But I was listening to one of my favorite teachers recently and she looked at one particular aspect in a different way.
To refresh, the trio was tossed in a ferocious fire, expecting to be burned alive, but instead there was a “forth man” in the fire who kept them alive and well. The point she made was Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were tossed into the fire bound. I.e. in bondage. So, often when we are in bondage to something, we have to meet Jesus in the fire before we can be free.
I just thought that was a neat way of putting it. :)Of course we know that even when we walk though the fire we shall not be burned. (Isaiah 43:2) :)

1 comment:

Stormgirl said...

Mmmm... that is a neat thought. Our God is so good... He never forsakes us even in the trials of life. :D