Thursday, July 30, 2009

Say Yay With Me!

Why? At loooong last my book is available on Audible.com and through iTunes. Please join me in jumping for joy. My publisher and I have been trying for months and months and then for a few months to accomplish this.

The Audio book process was probably the hardest part of the entire publishing experience for me. The voice actor was a very nice man, but I kept thinking, “He doesn’t sound like Scott.” Of course I had to come to terms with the fact that the voice I have in my head for my character probably doesn’t really exist. (Ooo, did I just admit to hearing voices in my head ;)
The voice actor was from the Midwest, though, so I did have to explained to him how a character who grew up in California would pronounce certain things…like Los Angeles. :)

Ah, well. For the lovers of audio books, check out your iTunes or Audible.com . Scott would love to tell you all about the most startling thing he ever saw.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Here's a big ole YAAAAYYY!!! I can imagine that it must be so tough to accept a particular voice. It's probably much like the reader who is disappointed after reading a book and seeing its 'based-on-movie' which hardly ever comes close to one's imagination.

Elana Johnson said...

YAY! Congrats! What a great feeling it must be after months. And months. And months. :0)